Become a Student Standards Member
Every industry is supported by procedures, policies, requirements… these are all standards! Do you want to change the system? Do you want to mold a new tomorrow?
And who will you meet while doing that amazing work? Your. Next. Employer. That’s right, the same people who will work with you to write standards, will see you being awesome, see you contributing, and will want to hire you to work for or with them.
Join the many students participating in standards and find your path to a fulfilling career.
Not ready? Get to know us by subscribing to the Women in Standards Newsletter! Get advice, insights, and more.
Student membership Benefits:
- Learn about an industry that you’re interested in
- Connect with future employers and coworkers
- Build your standards and industry network
- Develop and showcase your leadership skills
- Engage with others and gain project and people management experience
- Gain recognition for your hard work
- Practice your skills as a technical writer
- Bring value to the industry through standards research
Standardization touches every field in every country. It’s the backbone of every industry. By participating in creating the building blocks of tomorrow, you gain a fundamental understanding of why things are the way they are, who helped put it all together, and how you can support innovation and growth.
Also, standardization is a great future profession as well! Every standards developing organization, SDO, employs an amazing staff of standardization professionals with skills, training, and certification to ensure the standards development process runs smoothly. And they’re looking for people just like you to lead the industry to the next generation of standardization.
Join Women in Standards today, we’ll help you find the right SDO or SDOs for you, teach you how to develop standards, help you find standards industry jobs, scholarships, and other opportunities, and provide you with guidance and support.
Promoting Inclusion in Standards
Women in Standards supports all nationalities, genders, people with disabilities and anyone else feeling a bit ‘left out.’ We are a safe space to find support and a voice and to learn about our favorite topic, standardization. Join today.
Resources for Students:
- Once registered for your free membership, visit our SDO Directory page to review a list of standards developing organizations. Looking for student membership or scholarship opportunities? Use the filters to identify any SDOs with these features.
- Head to our Knowledge Center to begin learning about the standardization process. Share with your classmates, teachers and more and develop your standards expertise.
- Post questions & comments to the Women in Standards members-only LinkedIn group to get the answers you need and meet the community.
- Attend our great events – listed here.
- Interested in Women in Standards speaking at your school? Reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org