Working In a Virtual Age
The Resources You Need
The following is a curated page of resources to assist you in incorporating a robust remote work program for your organization. If you are a standards developing organization (SDO) or conformity assessment body, these can assist you in coordinating meetings with external stakeholders, performing remote assessments/audits, and continuing work when travel is not an option.
Not familiar with remote work or hesitant to institute a remote work option? Check out this informational article on the benefits of remote work.
Transitioning your staff to remote work? Consider these tips for managing the transition effectively.
Onboarding new staff, members, and external stakeholders
Tip: Face-to-face interaction is critical the first few weeks, fit in as much as possible.
Tip: Have your new hire ‘meet’ the entire team one-on-one or in a group forum. Help them understand the value each member brings.
Tip: Ensure you’ve established ground rules and they are easy to find and reference.
- Onboarding case studies, how ten companies approach remote onboarding
- Tech suggestions for onboarding remote employees
- Evaluating your customer onboarding process
- An onboarding checklist will help you tick all those boxes
- Preparing to onboard is just as critical as onboarding, check out these tips.
- Using video to enhance your onboarding process
- How to use eLearning for employee onboarding
- What the Best eLearning Courses for Employee Onboarding Have in Common
- Telework Security Basics
- 50 Rules for Online Business Meeting Etiquette
- Translation Software, Web-conferencing options and more
- Tips for running an effective remote meeting
- Keep meetings short with these helpful suggestions
- Web conferencing options and tips
- A review of 2020 Video Conferencing options
- Preparing for your first web conference
- What to know before recording your web/video conference
- 8 Parts of an excellent meeting invitation email
Support your committee or work team through continued communication, group chats, games, and other fun activities. Here are a few ideas:
Managing remote staff
Tip: Engage regularly. Suggestions: Have weekly check-ins, establish a chat group, post to a newsfeed wall
- Video coaching and more tips from the experts
- Do’s and Dont’s and other great tips for effective management
- Sync up your calendars with these online calendar suggestions
- Managing time as a remote employee can be difficult
- Team management
- Employee Feedback Tools For Remote Team Work
- Embracing the challenges of managing a remote team
- Activities/metrics to track when managing remote staff
- 42 Project management software and tool options to consider
Keep the conversation going, share your favorite links, tips, and suggestions in the comments section below.